Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Real Threat: Sociopaths

I am aware of what I have written about race. However, I have left one boulder unturned. Or, to be more accurate, since this is so absolutely fundamental: one tectonic plate unturned. There is a potion of the world I have previously neglected to include in my blog, and I have done so intentionally. There is one demographic belonging to our species who are not human. Except for their physical appearance, they are, in fact, members of the animal kingdom. I refer you, my friends and neighbors, to the subspecies of sociopaths.
Author Martha Stout, Ph.D., would have you believe that only four percent of us are actually sociopaths. She would even have you believe that they are people. However, I assure you: they make up more than four percent of the homo sapien population, and I can say with absolute certainty that they are not people.
Now, don't misunderstand me: I am not suggesting that we can hunt them down or force them into reproductive sterilization. We obviously can't take on such a project, and for multiple reasons. To begin with, who would be entrusted to be the Judge? After all, such a movement would render us a totalitarian society, and these putzes make up such groups almost entirely. But not all of them belong to fascist groups. A lot of them are those whose hands you may shake at church meetings. There is a great deal of them in caregiving jobs as well. I've seen them in action in such jobs. I have given some very detailed reports of such animals in caregiving settings. Their bosses often make retorts such as: "It is being investigated," (which is a lie), or "Who are you to complain. . .?" (which is intended to belittle, menace and mislead). Later, they may say, "I don't want to get sued. . ." (Maybe they should have taken more care in the hiring process in the first place.) The real reason is often that there are not a lot of people willing to take on care giving jobs, and the other real reason: What do they care? They hate having to come in contact with disabled people for 40 to 60 hours a week, too. Why should they want to concern themselves with their clients' being verbally, emotionally, and sexually abused? Unless there are multiple witnesses and substantial documentation by other staff members, the boss doesn't have to fire anyone. If nobody gets fired, the boss doesn't have to deal with any displeasurable civil suits. If the complaints and reports are not filed, the boss and his or her gang will face no criminal charges. Not to mention that if the boss harasses and/or threatens the client to keep his or her mouth shut about the incident(s), none of the other clients will know to "watch out for that one. . ."
I could name a lot of names. I could cite several companies. It would feel great to finally see animals treated like animals. But alas! If animals were treated as lesser beings than humans, PETA would want to have a piece of us, on a bun smothered with Swiss cheese and horseradish, with au jus for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment on my blog, I respectfully ask that you keep your comments clean, refraining from using the following, and anything relative to the following:
_Excessive Profanity (Please note that while I may not be offended by some words, my other readers MAY be, so using a thesaurus is a good idea)
_Unnecessary Vulgarity
_Excessive and/or Inappropriate Cursing
_Prison Lingo
_Excessive Drug-Culture Lingo
_Inaccurate and/or Unqualified/Unfounded Commentary on People's Mental Health (such as calling someone "crazy" or leaving messages about a fellow blogger having some form(s) of mental illness, etc.) Note that "insane" is a legal term, not a medical term, and be very careful with the usage of "sociopath," as it is a very serious accusation.
_Inappropriate comments on a person's sexual practices