Friday, August 15, 2008

Commercial Likely Made By Sleeper-Terrorist Group

I am not a paranoid person. I don't tend to accept even remote conspiracy theories. I like a certain author of espionage novels, although I don't think I have a good grasp of the subject matter. I do appreciate the intelligence of the author; he's quite brilliant. You, my dear readers, may be surprised to learn that my love from the international spy novel-writers' arena is not the late Ian Flemming. In fact, I find James Bond to be in very poor taste in general. Although it truly is common for a skanky guy to appear very suave.
Unfortunately, this post is not about well-written novels. This post is about a Kohl's department store commercial I saw tonight.
The ad profiled several celebrities: Avril Lavigne, Lenny Kravits, et al., sporting the clothing lines they inspired, while marching in a mock-parade for the "Love Revolution," and singing about a "new Constitution."
Who the hell do the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus think they are to challenge some of the greatest work of the Founding Fathers of the United States of America? I find it ironic that a collective of young-putz singer-songwriters want to spew lugies all over their freedom of speech. If they really want to rape one of our nation's greatest accomplishments, I "get" why they wear sunglasses when in public. The mere fact that Kohl's would sponsor such a shamefully irresponsible, even dangerous, spectacle on national television incenses my very sensibilities.
This is scarier than Walmart's blatant and willful abuse of U.S. labor laws, and the fact that they actively seek to hire people who are highly unlikely to be aware that such laws exist to protect them when Walmart terminates them for the completely asinine reasons it fires people over. (I tend to compare Wally-World to the Nazi regime of the 1930s and 1940s. Its shockingly accurate! [I'd bet money they'll see this and file a lawsuit against me. I hope they learned not to screw me over ever again. They withheld my final paycheck until I signed a falsified statement pertaining to my termination of employment. I've been waiting to get a piece of them since 2005, and given the opportunity, I will gut that company with my teeth.])
Again, I digress. After all, this about the political and social cowardice of Kohl's, not the ethical bankruptcy of the crocodillian superstore.
I've always enjoyed shopping at Kohl's. I just don't think that will be a possibility in the future. Anytime someone or something is touched by the P.C.-superbug, I really worry about the future of our nation.
I really wonder if there's any way to stop the death of our freedom, our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment on my blog, I respectfully ask that you keep your comments clean, refraining from using the following, and anything relative to the following:
_Excessive Profanity (Please note that while I may not be offended by some words, my other readers MAY be, so using a thesaurus is a good idea)
_Unnecessary Vulgarity
_Excessive and/or Inappropriate Cursing
_Prison Lingo
_Excessive Drug-Culture Lingo
_Inaccurate and/or Unqualified/Unfounded Commentary on People's Mental Health (such as calling someone "crazy" or leaving messages about a fellow blogger having some form(s) of mental illness, etc.) Note that "insane" is a legal term, not a medical term, and be very careful with the usage of "sociopath," as it is a very serious accusation.
_Inappropriate comments on a person's sexual practices