Thursday, August 19, 2010

(Sorry. I ran into a technical issue and I was kicked to a former screen...) cont'd.

...of the word "nigger." Dr. Laura wasn't preventing anyone from protesting her comment; she was merely trying to finish voicing her thought. The caller referenced was interrupting her. How rude. Anderson Cooper's proxy did the same thing to her while interviewing her. How rude of him, as well.

Another point that was sadly left out of the discussion is that "everybody" is not black or white. And furthermore, I find it incredibly disrespectful and rude and ignorant that anyone would call me white or black or any color. I am not the color of my skin. Nor is my skin any of the above named colors. If I had albinism, then I really couldn't argue with someone saying, "You're white, " to me, because in terms of my skin color, they would at least then be right. The other problem I have with the way these supposedly educated people talk to and about people is that they keep assuming that the color of one's skin/their ancestry has any bearing on what race they are. I have said it before, and I'll say it again, although something this obvious shouldn't need to be repeated: 95 percent of the Homo sapien population make up one race: the human race. The remaining five percent of the Homo sapien population make up the top tier of subhuman primates: the sociopath race. Unfortunately, this anomaly is not determined by lineage; it would be so much simpler if it was. Also unfortunately, a human can turn into a subhuman primate simply by having the wrong type of brain damage. This is tough to speculate about until of course, it happens, because all brain injuries are different, even the same trauma on identical twins will effect them differently, in light of their differing chemical intake and experiences. Not to mention that with the way an egg cell separates in the womb, the twins would have opposite side-dominance, unless of course they were completely neutral as per side preference.

To return to my previous thought, however, Al Sharpton also accused Dr. Laura Schlessinger of lying about making an apology (which was completely inappropriate, and therefore unnecessary) before she was harassed into doing so. Does this Sharpton-jerk have a wire on Dr. Laura? Because really, he would have to to know any such thing. I mean, if he really thinks he is so omniscient, he should be put in a mental hospital, certainly, and never given the opportunity to broadcast his warped ideas.

Incidentally, to all those who actually believe that certain overused words should be "retired" from the English language, I must echo the words of the late Bernie Mac: Chillax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you want to comment on my blog, I respectfully ask that you keep your comments clean, refraining from using the following, and anything relative to the following:
_Excessive Profanity (Please note that while I may not be offended by some words, my other readers MAY be, so using a thesaurus is a good idea)
_Unnecessary Vulgarity
_Excessive and/or Inappropriate Cursing
_Prison Lingo
_Excessive Drug-Culture Lingo
_Inaccurate and/or Unqualified/Unfounded Commentary on People's Mental Health (such as calling someone "crazy" or leaving messages about a fellow blogger having some form(s) of mental illness, etc.) Note that "insane" is a legal term, not a medical term, and be very careful with the usage of "sociopath," as it is a very serious accusation.
_Inappropriate comments on a person's sexual practices